lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <>
Subject Re: crashes JVM
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:03:46 GMT
chandler burgess wrote:
> Im using lucene1.4.3 on a XP machine with jdk1.5. Any help is appreciated.

Try typing control-break to get some stack dumps.  I also recommend
building the current Lucene code from subversion and trying that.  There
have been lots of improvements since 1.4.3.

It would be interesting to see a directory listing of your index, but I
suspect it is in compound format (the default), which makes this rather
uninformative.  If you build the current sources then you can list the
contents of a compound-format index with IndexReader.main().  So another
reason to try the new code!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message