lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Why are tokens not being indexed?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:08:46 GMT
Combs, Craig wrote:

>I'm able to see the documents that were indexed but not the tokens
>associated with the document in Luke.
>
>I'm using the multifield query parser and I did do the query.toString and
>the tokens returned by the query parser matched the tokens returned from the
>analyzer.  Some how I need to see which tokens are associated with what
>documents in the Lucene index database.
>
>I'm not sure Luke can do this.  I don't need to know which documents were
>indexed but I need to know what tokens are actually indexed in lucene.  What
>is the best way to look into an index that Lucene has created and what
>tokens are associated with that given index.

What you (probably) need is to browse through all terms in the index.
You can do this with Luke - go to the "Documents" tab, and on the
right-hand side you have a term browser. For each term you can display
the list of documents containing this term.

Also, you could use the Overview tab, and the Top N terms for a specific
field, with a large N.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><