lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: Lucene + LSI
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:49:07 GMT
We're also thinking about implementing something similar to LSI within
ActiveMath which is lucene-powered where both formulae and text
searching would benefit of the latent-semantic-similarity. I've been
refrained of doing "exactly this" at least since LSI is patented. This
might also be a reason why there's no implementation in Lucene's sandbox.

Have you looked at other vector-based approaches which are not exactly LSI ?
Have you looked at InfoMap NLP ?

paul