lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Why are tokens not being indexed?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:23:26 GMT

On Dec 5, 2005, at 8:20 AM, Combs, Craig wrote:
> This is very mysterious
> I have check my parser and I'm returned body:<token>.  My analyzer
> during
> indexing returns <token> in the token stream.  But when I perform
> my search
> no results are found.
> Is there a way I can see what tokens are actually written by the index
> writer of lucene?

My article and the (free) code from has an
analyzer demo that will show what comes out of the analyzer, but
sounds like you've already troubleshot that aspect.

Luke (google for "luke lucene") will let you see what got indexed - I
recommend trying that out.

> My analyzer returns the tokens and my queryparser returns the
> tokens so I'm
> not sure why "SOME" tokens are not being found in the index.  These
> are
> tokens in the middle of a token stream so it's not like they are at
> the end
> or beginning, and I have not found a pattern to them yet.

Are you searching with QueryParser?   If you look at the generated
Query.toString() does it match what you indexed?   If not, try a
simple TermQuery for what gets returned from your analyzer and see if
that works.  If not, Lucene is broken :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message