lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Schulte <eschul...@gmail.com>
Subject filtering an IndexReader
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:18:13 GMT
Good evening everyone,

So, I apologize if this question has a simple answer (although I hope it
does). I am trying to apply a filter to an IndexReader, so that the reader
can only see documents that match the filter. The goal here is to be able to
implement the 'terms' and 'termDocs' methods, with the 'filter approved'
documents taken into consideration in putting together the stats.

I don't believe the FilterIndexReader class can do this (If it can I don't
know how).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

To anyone on the general lucene mailing list sorry about the cross-post.

Many Thanks,
Eric