lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Releases
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:38:44 GMT

On Dec 10, 2005, at 5:17 AM, Lawrence wrote:
> Is there a projected date for the next release?

Real Soon Now :)

> I am using the code from SVN repos and I am hoping the next release
> will be before I go to production. I always like a little stability
> in my life.

You can pretty safely rely on the current state of Subversion not
changing the API between now and a release.  No promises, but I don't
know of any open issues that propose API changes.  So I don't think
you have any worries  using Subversion.  However, I do realize that
many organizations demand a release version for use (understandable
in one sense, but also missing the point of open source IMO).

All we need is a release manager volunteer to step forward (one of
the committers) and push through the logistics of making an official
release.  If it goes long enough, maybe my plate will be clear
enough, but currently I'm not in a position to tackle it myself.

	Erik