lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Murali <muralidha...@gmail.com>
Subject searching portions of an index
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:32:42 GMT
Hi,

    I am new to lucene. We need to provide search to several users of a
system. Each user has access to a (different)set of documents. The same
document might be accessible by different users. I want to implement this
without indexing a document multiple times. The approach I thought of was to
use a field that is indexed, as well as stored in the index, which contains
the ids of all the users that can access the document. I could then use
boolean queries to search for documents accessible by a particular user. I
figured that I would have to delete and add the whole document again into
the system if a new user is to be given access to an already indexed
document(and I figure that this will happen frequently in the system). Is
there a better approach that I can take?

Thanks,
Murali