lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Nicolici" <dan.nicol...@nexource.ro>
Subject newbie question
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:20:04 GMT
Hi! For starters I want to apologize if this is the wrong place to post a
Cocoon-Lucene question.

This is my first encounter with Lucene. I am trying to integrate it with
Cocoon. From what I read so far I prefer the approach with
LuceneIndexTransformer. Here is where I need some assistance. From what I
understand, the transformer creates the index from .xml files with proper
Lucene annotations. I also read that the transformer not only creates the
index, but also transforms the file to an xml result format, containing data
about the indexed documents.

For searching I want to use SearchGenerator. It says that I'm searching the
index. Now why do I need the xml result from the LuceneIndexTransformer if
I'm searching the index.

So you see, I am kind of confused. If someone could please explain the
concept (focused on LuceneIndexTransformer - SearchGenerator pair) for me, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Dan