lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Confused again ... Getting at results
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:18:56 GMT
I am slowly making may way through lucene, as witnessed by earlier threads to
this mailing list.

But I am stuck again, going round in circles with the Javadocs.

I want to display the results of a user entered search where for each document
I put out a small summary with the searched for words highlighted.

When I wrote the Analyzer for my documents, I produced the tokenstream  to
generate Token objects with the start end end positions of each term in them

Now, from my Hits object I can find each document I need to output, but how do
I get back to the Tokens I originally produced.

I suspect it has something to do with FilterIndexReader and its nested class
FilterTermPositions, but I can't see how to link these to the seach I have
just done

How is it done?

--
Alan Chandler