lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Re: Confused about boolean query and how an IndexReader is associated with Hits
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:52:38 GMT
On Wednesday 07 Dec 2005 22:23, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> -- the real issue is that your query should matches a certain set of
> documents, if there is a document you've added to the index that you
> expect to see in that result but isn't there, then use Luke or
> something like it to verify:
>   1) that the document realy is in the index
>   2) exactly what Terms are indexed for that document.

Well I have managed to flattern to a very simple test case that matches what I
think should be in the index and this test case works (ie does NOT show the
problems I was seeing before)

luke tells me the file based index also seems to have what I expect in it, so
I guess the next step will be to run my test case over the file based index.

Now I KNOW that my understanding of the Boolean Query is correct, I think I
will focus my attention on whether or not I have left an indexWriter open, or
not re-opened the searcher after some updates.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk