lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Federico Carbonetti <smokin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem Getting Started...
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:25:56 GMT
hello erik and hello everybody!

2005/12/27, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>:

> On Dec 26, 2005, at 6:31 PM, Federico Carbonetti wrote:
> > I'm new in the ML and in the Lucene world in general... :)
>
> ML?

Mailing List! ehehe! :)

this morning i changed some settings for the PATH variabile, but I'm
still experiencing the same trouble. I tried to extract lucene
following the hints given in the appendix of "lucene in action" (I've
that book) but without success... I downloaded lucene-1.4-final.zip,
extracted to C:\lucene-1.4-final\ and updated the classpath of
windows. Somebody told me to set the JVM classpath by typing:

java -cp lucene-1.4-final.jar; -jar lucene-demos-1.4-final.jar

but I got the following message:
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from lucene-demos-1.4-final.jar

While when i Try to set the classpath as suggested in the appendix
(java -cp lucene-1.4-final.jar; lucene-demos-1.4-final.jar) i got the
"usual" Exception in thread "main"...

Does anybody know the solution to my problem please? :)

Thanks again! Bye