lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Climan" <>
Subject Impact of Term Vectors (was ApacheCon next week)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:40:40 GMT
Good question. I was wondering about the impact of adding term vectors with
the various options. For example, is adding term vectors with both positions
and offsets a significant impact? Which current parts of lucene (including
contributions) take advantage of term vectors being present? I know that
Highlighter class can make use of them if present.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Rodenburg []
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: ApacheCon next week

Well done, Grant.  Very informative.

Question on Term Vectors: with their inclusion in an index, have you noticed
any degradation in performance, either from a search effiiciency or
maintenance point-of-view?  Given the power of term vectors, if the perf
impact is negligible, I'm curious to the reasons why one would NOT include
term vectors in any and every index...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message