lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed El-dawy <aseld...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple terms with the same position in PhraseQuery
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:13:13 GMT
I have used the PhrasePrefixQuery but it has some problems. It
sometimes throw an exception (OperationNotAllowed) when it is added to
a boolean query with required flag set. Also it sometimes throws a
null pointer exception and I don't know why.
  I am trying to get the latest version (from SVN) but I can't do it.
I need your help. How can I checkout the project?
  I use eclipse and it asks me for these information
Host: -----
Repository Path: -----
User: -----
Password: ------
Connection type: (pserver | ext | extssh)
port: (default | custom)

Thanks very much

On 11/5/05, Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> On 4 Nov 2005, at 23:08, Ahmed El-dawy wrote:
> > BTW, I think there's a newer version of Lucene that I can't get, my
> > version is 1.4.3 and I didn't find any newer version at the site. For
> > example, the QueryParser in my version doesn't care with term position
> > and I had to override it by myself to support this.
> > You may be referring to the CVS version, but I want to release my app.
> > with a stable version.
>
> For the record, Subversion trunk (no longer CVS) is stable and being
> used in many production projects already.
>
> The only difference between Subversion trunk and a released version
> is the time and effort someone has taken to build it, package it,
> sign it, and upload it (and of course a consensus vote authorizing
> it).  While I know that many environments demand that such blessing
> has occurred, I cannot say that I altogether understand it.  I much
> prefer, personally, to be on the trunk and know that any issues I do
> happen to encounter can be easily reported, likely fixed if
> identified specifically enough, fixed, and integrated back into my
> projects right away.
>
> I certainly do feel a bit bad that I'm not personally being
> aggressive about pushing a new release, but please don't let my
> insane schedule hold you back from using the latest and best version
> of Lucene.
>
>     Erik

regards,
Ahmed Saad