lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ahmed El-dawy <aseld...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple terms with the same position in PhraseQuery
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:45:39 GMT
Hello,
  My analyzer sometimes gives multiple terms for the same word. This
makes them generated at the same position. When I use PhraseQuery to
search for this term, it matches documents with all these terms at the
same position (as if it is an AND). I want it to match documents with
at least ONE term of the generated terms (OR).
For example, a field containing the word (misuse) gives the terms
(misuse, use). When I search for the PhraseQuery "uses" it gives the
terms (uses, use), so it doesn't match the given document. I want it
to match (for the term 'use').
This is an example with one word, the same case happens with a phrase
query with multiple words.

Thanks in advance.
--
regards,