lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High CPU utilization with sort
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:40:54 GMT
I haven't done measurements, but the first query with a sort on a
particular field will involve filling the field-cache and that can
take a while (especially for numeric fields).

If you haven't already, you should compare the query times of a
"warmed" searcher.  Sorted queries will still take longer, but I
haven't measured how much longer.

-Yonik
Now hiring -- http://forms.cnet.com/slink?231706