lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Robert Watkins <>
Subject Re: Search problems
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:16:16 GMT
One approach for matching your queries with Luke would be to write a
custom Analyzer that does absolutely nothing to the terms. Then, if you
put this Analyzer in your classpath when running Luke you can select it
as the Analyzer you want Luke to use to tokenize your query. This is
not, of course, the approach you would want to take in your application,
but at least it will allow you to use Luke as you have specified.

-- Robert Watkins

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Miles Barr wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 16:35 -0400, Sharma, Siddharth wrote:
>> My index has 4 keyword fields and one unindexed field.
>> I want to search by the 4 keyword fields and return the one unindexed field.
>> I can iterate over the documents via Luke.
>> But when I search for the same values that I see via Luke, it does not find
>> the document.
>> [ snipped ]
>> What could the problem be? Any ideas?
>> I have added all the 4 fields with 'Field.Keyword'.
> Field.Keyword requires an exact match, i.e. you should manually create a
> TermQuery. Luke will analyze your query and hence tokenise it. Almost
> certainly the tokens it creates won't match the values in your field,
> because they have to be an exact match.
> [ snipped ]

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: