lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: how to control terms to be highlighted?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:06:18 GMT

I don't know what your application is, and I have no experience with the
Highlighter code, so forgive me if this is a silly suggestion:

It looks like you are building a query up programaticaly, which
contains some words to search on, and some other stuff that's mainly
being used to "filter" the results (i'll avoid my usual rant about
people underutilizing Filters).  So why not pass the Higherlighter just
the portion of the Query that you acctaully want to contribute to the
highlighting?  In this query...

: >> +DocumentType:news
: >> +(CompanyId:10 CompanyId:20 CompanyId:30 CompanyId:40)
: >> +FilingDate:[20041201 TO 20051201]
: >> +(Content:"cost saving" Content:"cost savings"
: >>Content:outsource
: >>Content:outsources Content:downsize
: >>Content:downsizes
: >>Content:restructuring Content:restructure)

...just give the highlighter...