lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Max score of two fields
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:51:47 GMT

: There is no way around using a separate Scorer for this.
: You can make (could have made) the scorer by starting from
: DisjunctionSumScorer.java here:
: http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/
: and rewrite it into a DisjunctionMaxScorer.

Coincidently, this has allready been submited as a patch...

...if you use a MaxDisjunctionQuery instead of a BooleanQuery, and set the
"tie breaker" to 0.0f, you should get exactly the behavior you described.

(Shameless Plug: I think MaxDisjunctionQuery kicks ass, and I'd love to
see see it commited, so if you find it usefull, please login to the Jira
system and vote for it)

-Hoss