lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: efficiently finding all terms used on a particular field withinDocuments matching a query
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:37:29 GMT

: Thank you, I had thought a BitSet was appropriate here somehow, I'll work
: on this approach.

Paul's suggestion is acctually a lot simpler, and I suspect it might be
faster -- but it does require that you index with TermVectors.  If that's
soemthing you're already doing, then you should definitely try that
appraoch first, if not ... i don't know which one would be best.  adding
TermVectors would definitely increase the size of your index, which would
probably affect the performance of your application in other ways.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message