lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: lock file race conditions
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:45:42 GMT
: IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(directory, new StandardAnalyzer(),
: true);
:
: so if I try to close() it in a finally or something it throws a null
: pointer exception since the exception was throw in the constructor.
:
: I'm simulating the exception by hand-creating the index directory and
: then setting it to read only. that way when the above tries to create
: the index it throws an exception.
:
: I was guessing the delay was is because something else is holding onto
: the file but I wasn't sure in terms of lucene how to make sure the lock
: file is deleted if an exception like the above is thrown.

Hmmm... that's a really interesting situation, can you post the unit test
-- it might help people understand what's going on.

-Hoss