lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tricia Williams <pgwil...@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Encountered "<EOF>" using queryparser in XSP
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:15:12 GMT
Hi All,

   I'm using an html form to send a query to an xsp which uses lucene to
search and then returns the results as xml.  Perhaps some one has
experienced the problem that I'm currently experiencing.  When the query
is parsed org.apache.lucene.queryParser.ParseException is thrown stating
that "Encountered "<EOF>" at ..."

  The same query string not sent via a form works in a JUnit test so it
seems to me to be some sort of hidden escape character introduced by
the form or the use of request.getParameterValues('query') in the xsp
which is not accounted for.

  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tricia