lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel.Cl...@sybase.com
Subject RE: Help requested
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:45:34 GMT
You're right, Peter.  I did some thorough testing today and I was very
wrong.  I'm now using MultiFieldQueryParser as Erik suggested.

Daniel Clark, Senior Consultant
Sybase Federal Professional Services
6550 Rock Spring Drive, Suite 800
Bethesda, MD  20817
Office - (301) 896-1103
Office Fax - (301) 896-1604
Mobile - (703) 403-0340

             "Peter Kim"
             <pkim@cymfony.com
                                       <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
             10/31/2005 10:22                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Help requested
             Please respond to
             java-user@lucene.
                apache.org

I just wanted to clarify... I don't believe the following statement is
accurate:

> The "contents" field searches on the entire document,
> including all indexes.

There is no default field named "contents" that automatically combines
the contents of all your fields. As Erik mentioned, you need to create
this field yourself and assign it a string value that is a concatenation
of all the fields you want to have indexed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Peter