lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Multiple terms with the same position in PhraseQuery
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 10:40:30 GMT
On 4 Nov 2005, at 23:08, Ahmed El-dawy wrote:
> BTW, I think there's a newer version of Lucene that I can't get, my
> version is 1.4.3 and I didn't find any newer version at the site. For
> example, the QueryParser in my version doesn't care with term position
> and I had to override it by myself to support this.
> You may be referring to the CVS version, but I want to release my app.
> with a stable version.

For the record, Subversion trunk (no longer CVS) is stable and being
used in many production projects already.

The only difference between Subversion trunk and a released version
is the time and effort someone has taken to build it, package it,
sign it, and upload it (and of course a consensus vote authorizing
it).  While I know that many environments demand that such blessing
has occurred, I cannot say that I altogether understand it.  I much
prefer, personally, to be on the trunk and know that any issues I do
happen to encounter can be easily reported, likely fixed if
identified specifically enough, fixed, and integrated back into my
projects right away.

I certainly do feel a bit bad that I'm not personally being
aggressive about pushing a new release, but please don't let my
insane schedule hold you back from using the latest and best version
of Lucene.

     Erik