lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Input File Format
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:54:21 GMT
You must be using the demo program that comes with Lucene.  That is
merely an example, and a barely decent one at that.  Have a look
under the covers of that code or the code that ships with Lucene in
Action at http://www.lucenebook.com

You can slice and dice "documents" in whatever granularity you like -
but you have to write code to parse the TREC files into those pieces,
making appropriate fields and so on.

     Erik