lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Searching the contents
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:11:38 GMT
I certainly recommend testing this to see what kind of response times
you get for the first and successive searches after the caches are
built - be sure to use the same IndexReader for all searches to
benefit from caching :)

Sorting on 4-5 columns seems kind of extreme.  Sorting uses up RAM
with the caches, so it would surely be much more efficient to
collapse the fields you need to sort by into a single field if
possible, and try to do so numerically rather than as Strings.

     Erik