lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From msftbl...@aol.com
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:20:30 GMT
Hey-

I currently have an index with user information...one of the fields that I have in a document
is CurrentJob...I was asked to add in past jobs as well....but the rules are that I can configure
the weighting (mainly boosting) for absolute jobs (that this is a current job or a not current
job) as well as configure boosting for a time basis (user was at job from 2002-2005).

If I add a field called OldJobs and a field called JobDates I can add to the index like so:

Job1;Job2;Job3
Date1;Date2;Date3

My question is that boosting is done at a field level...using the above approach I won't be
able to boost or negate based off location within field...or could I? Perhaps there is a better
way of doing this?

Thanks!
-Joe