lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Searching Textile Documents
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:50:23 GMT
On 23 Nov 2005, at 15:56, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>> 1) The Analyser
>>
>> First you'll have to spell it the US English way :)
>
> You mean yet another corruption of my language:-)  I am still
> having trouble
> with color rather than colour in all my css files.

Well, you're free to spell it anyway you like for your subclasses :)

>>> 2) Use of different field types.
>>
>> All of those options are possible and there is no Lucene "best way"
>> to do it.  You could easily use Lucene itself as the entire blog
>> storage mechanism if you like, even :)
>
> I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it.  Indeed, that
> might be the
> right way to go (the database is little more than an article store
> and some
> verification tables for the article status (published or not) and
> category).

Well, the smiley is because my own frankenstein blog is a servlet,
some very simple abstraction layers, velocity templates, and
Lucene... http://www.blogscene.org/erik - though I'm a very
infrequent blogger.  The categories are picked up using TermEnum on
the category field.  The blog entries are stored in the index, and of
course indexed as well.  You can subscribe to a feed for a search.
Once upon a time I had a lot of fun building it and exploring what
Lucene could do in the blogging world.

	Erik