lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Friedland, Zachary (EDS - Strategy)" <zachary_friedl...@ml.com>
Subject Large Indexes
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 04:19:14 GMT
What is the largest lucene index that has been built?  We're looking to
build a sort of data warehouse that will hold transaction log files as
long as possible.  This index would grow at the rate of 10 million
documents per month indefinitely.  Is there a limit where lucene will
fail?  What should we expect to happen as this index grows?

Thank you in advance,
Zach