lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Lu <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching the contents
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 07:00:47 GMT
One of my case is using PIII 450MHz 256M RAM, with 1million records,
the search is around 3~4 seconds for the very first search, and
sub-second, usually under 0.5 second.

Sorting on one column will be longer, like 7~8 seconds for the first
sort. And subseconds with cache.

Chris Lu
Full-Text Search on Any Database
http://www.dbsight.net

On 11/3/05, Manoj Kr. Sheoran <manoj.kumar@daffodildb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having 1,00,000 documents in a index but in near future it will be 3 million and
more.  I am somewhat concerned about  the searhing process with this much number of document.
 I am giving order on some fields of documents. Could anybody tell be the expected result
from lucene engine with 3 million results and order/sorted on 4 column.