lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Memory Usage
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 02:18:38 GMT

On Nov 13, 2005, at 6:11 PM, Daniel Noll wrote:

> Now, to figure out how to set it.
>
> There's no setter that I can see... then again it may be in trunk,
> and just not in the version we're stuck on for the time being.

I haven't checked 1.4.3, but yes, I'm looking at the subversion
trunk.  It's probably a recent addition.

> I can't see the obvious place to put such things on the reader end,
> though.

You *can't* set it on the reader end.  If you could set it, the
reader would get out of sync and break.  The value is set per-segment
at write time, and the reader has to be able to adapt on the fly.

Best,

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/