lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Lucene in Action 2nd edition brainstorming
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:56:55 GMT

On 29 Nov 2005, at 14:39, Malcolm wrote:
> Are you going to write another addition with lots of Servlet code?
> If that's the case put me down for an advance copy.Lucene and
> servlets is a direction I may be going in the future.

To reiterate what Otis said, there wouldn't be much need to cover
servlets in detail.  Searching with Lucene is general-purpose, and
servlets is just one way to expose its functionality.  Covering
servlets would take the focus off of the core technology, and would
overlap with the other resources available on servlet technologies.
That being said though, if there is something specific you or anyone
else would like to have covered, or covered in more detail, or
removed from the 2nd edition of Lucene in Action, please submit these
to me personally (not to the list).  All suggestions will be given
consideration.  Also when Otis and I really dig into the planning,
we'll post our plans here to solicit feedback.

	Erik