lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Rodenburg <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Items in multiple category: distinct search?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:38:05 GMT
Hi John -

It sounds like you're thinking of your index in terms of sql constructs --
multiple rows for the same record. We do this very same thing with
categories; if you have a record that lives in multiple categories, just add
additional category field/value pairs for your original record. It's ok to
use multiple fields with the same name. Once stored, if you want to see
records in category "A", just query lucene for category "A". Thinking of it
in terms of SQL constructs makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

Hope this helps.