lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Assad Jarrahian <jar...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene and DB interactions
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:37:44 GMT
I have some specific questions (Using a pure java solution with
PostgreSQL). Any comments/info would be much appreciated.

1) I build an index. Then as the db gets more "documents" inserted
into it, it needs to be added to the index. I was thinking of checking
for X documents (will store in a vector or something) or Y time and
then updating it by opening an IndexWriter on the index.

1.a) Has anybody approached this problem, and if so, how did they do it ?
1.b) For IndexSearcher, I know I have to reinstantiate it (open it),
but how do I do that while still maintaining current search requests?

2) From time to time I rebuild the index (in FS, while the Searcher is
reading the current one in RAM).  And then I swap out the one in RAM.
2.a) Has anybody done this in an automated efficient way? If so, how?

Much thanks in advance.
-assad