lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Magoffin" <apache....@msqr.us>
Subject efficiently finding all terms used on a particular field within Documents matching a query
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:48:14 GMT
I've used the example posted at
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-a801793d7479264e29157d92440199b35266dc18
to find all terms used in a complete index, but was wondering if there is
an efficient way to find all terms used within only a set of Documents
matching a query?

For example I would like to find the set of terms used within a particular
date range, where all Documents have a date field on them. What I've done
to date is simply perform a query to find all Documents that match the
date range query, then iterate over each one and construct a Set of all
terms used in the particular field I'm interested in.

I'm wondering if there a more efficient way to accomplish this?

-- m@