lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cheolgoo Kang <app...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: korean and lucene
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 07:06:18 GMT
Hello,

I've created a new JIRA issue with Korean analysis that
StandardAnalyzer splits one word into several tokens each with one
character. Cause Korean is not a phonogram, one character in Korean
has almost no meaning at all. So word in Korean should be preserved
not like Chinese or Japanese.

I've attached a patch to StandardTokenizer to do this and passed the
test case TestStandardAnalyzer(also patched to test Korean words).

Thanks!

On 10/27/05, Youngho Cho <youngho@nannet.co.kr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok , I've attached my test code for Korean which is slitely modified Koji's code.
>
> Just put into the lia.analysis.i18n package at LuceneInAction
> and run ant.
>
> Hopely someone is helped.
>
> -------- build.xml  ---------
>
>   <target name="JapaneseDemo" depends="prepare"
>           description="Examples of Jananese analysis">
>     <info>
>
>       Japanese Test...
>
>     </info>
>
>     <run-main class="lia.analysis.i18n.JapaneseDemo"/>
>   </target>
>
>   <target name="KoreanDemo" depends="prepare"
>           description="Examples of Korean analysis">
>     <info>
>
>       Korean Test...
>
>     </info>
>
>     <run-main class="lia.analysis.i18n.KoreanDemo"/>
>   </target>
>

> Thanks,
>
> Youngho

);