lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Hennig <dhen...@rrzn.uni-hannover.de>
Subject Search Problem
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:06:40 GMT
Hallo,

I have a simple index which includes only text (in a field "text") from
2 different type of files: html and pdf.
I'm using a field "filetype" to store from which type the text came.
This field holds a value "html" or "pdf".
Now, if I browse the index with Luke, I can see all documents, text and
filetype fields, just as it should be. I can browse through the
documents using "First Doc", "Next Doc". But if I search for a word in a
document, only hits from html are shown. If I specifiy pdf, there are no
results. Even the simple query "+filetype:pdf" returns no results. But
"+filetype:html" works perfect.
How can this be? Has anyone an idea?

Thanx,
Dirk Hennig