lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <>
Subject Re: Search clustering question
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:31:19 GMT

> clusters documents and even labels them, and it takes a few seconds (up to
> two seconds) to cluster 100 search results snippets.

Thanks for the info, Lorenzo. I'm just a little surprised at the timings
you gave -- that's on a slow machine, right? On a PIII, 3GHZ the timings
are between 250ms and 500 miliseconds (open source Lingo clustering
component). The demo which runs at is
slower because it needs to fetch the results from Yahoo/ Google, then
cluster them and send it back. That machine is also much slower (PIII,
750Mhz) and used by other projects. Anybody willing to donate more
processing power to a university? :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message