lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: De-duping MultiSearcher results
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:22:20 GMT
Jason Calabrese wrote:

>Maybe I'm missing something simple, but I don't see how this will work.
>
>It looks like this filter will just filter out documents that don't have guid
>field, but in my case every document has a guid.

Actually, it filters out every document except the *first* which has a
GUID.  Note that I have "if (termDocs.next())", as opposed to "while".

>In a single index there are no duplicates.  Duplicates are only a problem when
>I search multiple indexes.

Indeed.  So you'll definitely need to implement this same logic but
iterating through multiple TermEnums at once.  Or, is it possible to use
a MultiReader?  That would bypass the difficulty entirely.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd