lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From amolb <am...@synechron.com>
Subject FileNotFoundException while indexing data
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:28:23 GMT
Hi everybody,
I am trying to index arround 10 lacs user records, but my indexing
application is failing with following exception after around 5 lacs user
records. If I rerun it fails to the same record. I tried to skip the
record, but that does not help. I tried to get help from google, but few
such posts does not have answers ( e.g jguru ) or few answers are not
helping me. I am going to try running this on linux, will update you on
the results, but Please give me some pointers to solve this problem.
thanks
Amol

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\indexdata\_17ug.fdt (The system cannot
find the file specified)

      at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(_Native Method_)

      at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(_RandomAccessFile.java:204_)

      at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream$Descriptor.<init>(_FSDirectory.java:376_)

      at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.<init>(_FSDirectory.java:405_)

      at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openFile(_FSDirectory.java:268_)

      at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.copyFile(_CompoundFileWriter.java:198_)

      at
org.apache.lucene.index.CompoundFileWriter.close(_CompoundFileWriter.java:163_)

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and the views
expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Synechron, and its Directors, Management
or Employees. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail by error, and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
You shall be under obligation to keep the contents of this e-mail, strictly confidential and
shall not disclose, disseminate or divulge the same to any Person, Company, Firm or Entity.
Even though Synechron uses up-to-date virus checking software to scan it's emails please ensure
you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission.
Synechron does not accept any liability for viruses
 or vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor all e-mail communication through our network are
reserved with us.