lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Memory Usage
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 02:11:12 GMT
Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> You want indexInterval.  Here's an excerpt from the docs in
> TermInfosWriter.

<snip>
Excellent, that looks like exactly what we're after.  Now, to figure out
how to set it.

There's no setter that I can see... then again it may be in trunk, and
just not in the version we're stuck on for the time being.  I can always
add it as we've patched so much other stuff.

I think though, that I will need a setter on the reader, rather than the
writer.  That is, I don't know what factor we want until I know how
large the index is.  And I don't know how large the index will be at the
time of creating the writer, but I can just ask for maxDoc() at the time
of opening the reader.

I can't see the obvious place to put such things on the reader end, though.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

NUIX Pty Ltd