lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Lee <ag...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Reverse sorting by index order
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:55:37 GMT
On Nov 3, 2005, at 9:37 AM, Oren Shir wrote:
> If I understand correctly, when sorting by Sort.INDEXORDER the oldest
> documents that were added to the index will be returned first. I
> want the
> reverse, because I'm more interested in newer documents.

Looking at the source, I see that Sort.INDEXORDER is simply an
instance of Sort:

   public static final Sort INDEXORDER = new Sort(SortField.FIELD_DOC);

Haven't tried this myself, but you could create your own instance
that uses a reverse sort:

   Sort reverseIndexOrder = new Sort(SortField.FIELD_DOC, true);

And use that wherever you were using Sort.INDEXORDER.

--Andy