lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lasse L <lasse.lindga...@gmail.com>
Subject Max score of two fields
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:27:15 GMT
I am indexing persons that has the usual fields name, address etc.
I need to keep track of which name and addresses are active now and
which ones are old.
I do that by having a two sets of fields e.g.: current_name and old_name

When I search for a person and I search in just the current fields
ranking is fine.

When I search for a person in both the current and old fields at the
same time the ranking gets skewed if some of the persons has
registered the same or similar name and address in the past. In the
current_name:Lars OR old_name:Lars the documents that match on both
sides are ranked higher.

I'd like the document to rank like the best/max score of either side
of that subquery.

I tried implementing my own Query, Weight and Scorer but it seemed
like an overly complex way of doing it.

Any suggestions?

TIA

/Lasse