lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mark harwood <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: how to control terms to be highlighted?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:42:15 GMT
>>> Is there anyway to restrict the highlighter to
> highlight only the values
> mentioned for the field 'Content'?

The problem lies in the QueryTermsExtractor class
which is typically used to provide the Highlighter
with the list of strings to identify in the text. It
currently has no filter for fieldname - you could add
this without too much effort.

I could make this modification but it may change the
behaviour of existing applications - currently the
QueryTermsExtractor method that takes a fieldname only
uses that fieldname to derive IDF weightings, the
proposed change would also have the effect of
filtering out any query terms that weren't for this
field.
Would this change be a problem for anyone?

Cheers,
Mark

--- Harini Raghavan <harini.raghavan@insideview.com>