lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Commit changes
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:56:11 GMT
Hi,

> Hi thanks for your reply,
>
> So when I delete a document the writer.close(); this actually commits
> the deletion to the index which is not reversible?

reader, not writer, but otherwise correct.

> I have a facility which deletes but leaves the delete 'undoable'
> until the change is commited by closing the reader. I cannot access
> the doCommit or commit method as 'they are not visible'.

It sounds like you are doing more than you need.  You don't need access
to doCommit and commit methods.  Just delete and close and you are
done.  If you want to undo the deletion, you can do it via another
method, before you call close().

> I have the LIA book at home and not with me.

Using lucenebook.com may still reveal little useful snippets.

Otis

Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/ -- Find it. Tag it. Share it.