lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From MALCOLM CLARK <malcycl...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Commit changes
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:46:01 GMT

Hi Oren,

In the grand scheme of things and in comparison to some of the participants knowledge on here
I am fairly new and inexperienced to Java and Lucene.

I thought my way may be the most effectual method of implementing the commit.I am using many
methods of searching/reading the index for a variety of reasons.The facility I am trying to
implement is the ability to delete a document from the index.Do I need to commit or just reader.close?
I have the LIA book which is superb and have read the sections regarding delete.If it mentions
commit maybe I missed it?

Thanks,

Malcolm