lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chandler <a...@chandlerfamily.org.uk>
Subject Re: Searching Textile Documents
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:37:16 GMT
On Wednesday 23 Nov 2005 22:50, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Well, the smiley is because my own frankenstein blog is a servlet,
> some very simple abstraction layers, velocity templates, and
> Lucene... http://www.blogscene.org/erik - though I'm a very
> infrequent blogger.  The categories are picked up using TermEnum on
> the category field.  The blog entries are stored in the index, and of
> course indexed as well.  You can subscribe to a feed for a search.
> Once upon a time I had a lot of fun building it and exploring what
> Lucene could do in the blogging world.

One simple question that I am looking at.

My home page wants to have a summary of perhaps the most recent five blogs
entries.

It looks as though I can use the Datefield class to store the publication date
in an orderable form - so that I can effectively do a ordered search using
this field as the sort field.

Is there anyway to limit the number of hits returned in the search to 5 (or
does it not generate any storage overhead to return them all and just use the
first 5)

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk