lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From MALCOLM CLARK <malcycl...@btinternet.com>
Subject Memory fault
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:14:50 GMT

I'm currently trying to index another collection. I am suffering a problem with writer.close.Basically
at the end of indexing it only works if I remove the writer.close.It simple can't find the
routine despite being able to find writer.optimize.

Has anyone else discovered this problem and what was the solution?

Secondly by removing the writer.close will this cause heap problems(running out!).

I have used the Lucene in Action: mergeFactor, maxMergeDocs and writer.minMergeDocs to try
and stop the memory problem.

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm