lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From bib_lucene bib <bib_luc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Document as Paramter (Rephrased)
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:54:36 GMT
Hi Erik & All

My requirement is that I do a search, the results of the search are displayed. I am displaying
results by using getbestfragmets and highlighting searched text.

So basically the user can search and see what documents matched his search with snippets of
text shown in the result of search.

Now the user needs to select one of the results and view the document completely.

What I did is along with indexing I stored the document in the ROOT webapplication and gave
a link to the file. This worked fine.

However, now I need to display the full document with search terms highlighted.

As I understand now I can do this...

1. Read the whole document again and apply some css to highlight terms.

2. Create a new Lucene Document -> Read the file -> Add file Content to Document ->
Use nullfragmenter -> Apply CSS -> Display result.

I have many types of documents as word, pdf etc. I am already extracting text and putting
in Index. ( Using your example in chapter7)

Question is , is there a way I can just show the content from index rather then parsing the
document again, when the user wants to see full document from search results page.

I am stuck here...

Thanks for your help.

bib