lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ashwin Satyanarayana <ashwin16...@yahoo.com>
Subject Basic Question on Lucene Document
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:13:28 GMT
Hello,

I am new to Lucene. I was trying to use Lucene with TREC-6 Data. The
dataset for TREC-6 used in 1997 contains many input files.  Each input
file has multiple documents (some files contain over 200 documents) tagged by <DOCNO>xxxx
</DOCNO> and the text is tagged by <TEXT>xxxx</TEXT>.The result given by
Lucene to a query is a list of files and not documents.

Q) Is there a way of getting the query results in terms of documents
within the files rather than files?I understand that in lucene a Document object is a unit
of search/storage/indexing. To achieve what we want, we think we need to store and/or index
each of our documents as a lucene Document.
My question is how do we do that?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwin