lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hai Do Thanh <sunflower_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ask about method QueryParser.parser
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:10:02 GMT
Thanks for your reply :)

I have already debugged the input string s. As I said
before, s is a string which is sent by client through
the "doPost()" method of servlet

At first, I thought that the analyzer is the cause of
the problem and that it lowercase all leters. However,
then, I  have also known that WhitespaceAnalyzer do
not do that.

Therefore, I changed my mind and I wonder if the
problem is resulted from the servlet technology. Yet,
when I debugged the input string s I saw that before
the method, string s was still indentical to what was
sent from client.

--- Karl Øie <karl@gan.no> wrote:

> Sounds very strange, have you debugged the input
> string s? Where does
> it come from?
>
> Karl
>
> On 9. nov. 2005, at 05.00, Hai Do Thanh wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I really appreciate your work on Lucene. It is
> > apparently a helpful API for my project on indexed
> > Document searching. On the whole, It works
> properly
> > and perfectly.
> >
> > However, there is a problem when I try to query
> what I
> > have indexed with the keyword received through
> > internet using Servlet technology. The specific
> > problem is the followings:
> >
> > // This is the method I use to parse my query
> > Query myQuery = QueryParser.parse(s,
> "NamedEntity",
> > analyzer);
> >
> > with s is the query string received from client,
> > analyzer is the WhitespaceAnalyzer and the version
> of
> > Lucene is lucene-1.4-final.jar
> >
> > Before this method, the value of s is "Chua_Huong"
> > with C and H are uppercased letters
> > After this method myQuery = NamedEntity:chua_huong
> > with  c and h are lowercased
> >
> > Yet, if I type the String "Chua_Huong" directly
> onto
> > the first argument (the position of s),
> >
> > Query myQuery =

QueryParser.parse("Chua_Huong","NamedEntity",analyzer);